Quality online tutoring to fit with your lifestyle
Online tutoring brings qualified teachers into your home with the added benefits of:
- No travel to and from a tutor's house
- All sessions are recorded for your child's future reference
- Access to the best teachers from across the country
We believe that only qualified teachers are qualified to be online tutors. They are subject-specialists, selected for their curriculum expertise.
Every one of our online tutors is:
- a qualified teacher with the Cognita seal of approval
- fully background checked to work with children (enhanced DBS check)
- trained to deliver the support and encouragement your child needs to thrive
As part of your tutoring package, we provide unlimited access to an award-winning intelligent learning platform delivered in partnership with CENTURY. Built on Artificial Intelligence and neuroscience research, it provides a personalised learning path for students to use in between lessons.
We involve parents at every stage, with as much or as little engagement as they wish - we know how important it is to understand and share the same goals for your child. We actively engage with parents at each stage:
- Before the first session - parents are invited to complete a short expectations survey
- During the sessions - each one is recorded and can be reviewed
- After the sessions - tutors provide feedback
- Between sessions - tutors are available via chat
- After the first six sessions - the tutor holds a mini 'parents' evening'
Articles and resources
A different class of online tuition: why we launched Cognita Tutoring
The impact of the lockdowns during the pandemic, and consequent move to online learning, has provided an equal measure of challenge and opportunity.Continue reading
How online learning is creating independence in learners
Educational technology is transforming teaching and learning. We explore the concept of personalised learning and what this means for students.Continue reading
6 steps to make your child’s tutoring experience a success
How do you maximise the time and investment dedicated to discrete tutoring sessions while supporting your child's wellbeing? Our six-step guide breaks this down for you.Continue reading